Wachsman PR is seeking an accomplished Account Supervisor for its New York office in downtown Manhattan. Reporting directly to an Account Director, the AS will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day account execution. They will plan, organize and execute PR plans while developing relationships with global media. Travel to events and to meetings with technology clients may be required.
- Planning and executing highly successful PR campaigns.
- Managing day-to-day internal and external communications on behalf of clients.
- Drafting, editing and reviewing press materials.
- Dealing with enquiries from press, clients, new business and external organizations.
- Issuing press releases and pitching to reporters both within the US and internationally.
- Conducting one-on-one client engagement regularly.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with influential media to secure and grow coverage.
- Conducting meetings with clients and new business.
- Managing, supporting, and training junior team members.
- Supporting the Director in the growth of the business.
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 years recent PR agency experience conducting media relations. This is a requirement.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of finance and/or advanced technology preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to identify opportunities for clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the media landscape.
- Ability to communicate clearly and transfer complex information in a concise and clear form.
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Crisis communications experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams.
- Excellent interpersonal/soft skills.
- Motivated to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of social, organizational and professional standards in job-related activities.